Ant Projects can help our handyman Centurion Clients to achieve their design ideas. Shopfitting refers to the industry of furniture for retail environments. Retailers use shopfitters to fill in their stores with displays and merchandising and stocking systems needed to make the business look beautiful , A shopfitter is a person that will design, supply and install fittings for retailers.To the specification of the client often the items to be sourced are not are not of the shelf products, which means that the handyman or shopfitter needs to apply his or her creativity in the application of a shopfitting design,
Ant projects is Professional centurion Electrians service provider Centurion service provider for all your installations or fixing of faulty electrical fittings, wiring problems, we serve Centurion and Pretoria area. Call us for a free quote Centurion Electricians Services Contact a Elelctrician
1. Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth (it saves 5 gallons of water per brushing), when you wash your hands (and count to 15), or when scrubbing pots & pans in the sink. Teach your children to do the same.
2. Keep a bucket in your bathroom and as your shower water warms up fill the bucket and use it later to water plants, mop the floor, or help wash your car bike, patio etc.
3. Keep a container ( I use a milk jug) under your sink and fill it with the water left from boiling pasta and eggs, then water your plants with it. (You can also add your leftover coffee to this giving your plants a great boost of nutrients which encourages blooming.)
4. Buy or make a rain catcher to collect rainwater to use for watering plants, washing your car, bike, boat, house exterior, etc.
5. Put a half gallon container, or a brick in your toilet tank to cut down on water stored in your tank.
6. Replace your toilets and shower heads with low flow when they need replacing.
7. Plant drought resistant plants and indigenous plants so they require less watering during the spring & summer.
8. Wash only full loads of clothes and dishes. It is also better to use your washing machine & dishwasher rather than washing by hand. It uses much less water.
9. Fix leaks. The average home loses 9.5 gallons of water per day from leaks, most of which are from toilet tanks. Did you know that a leaking faucet leaks about 10 gallons of water per day! (Check for leaks by turning off all of your faucets, and appliances. If your water meter continues to run you have a leak. Add food coloring to your toilet, if it appears in the toilet bowl you have a leak.).
There are a number of ways to save water, and they all start with you
#2 When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run. Fill one basin with wash water and the other with rinse water.
#3 Dishwashers typically use less water than washing dishes by hand. Now, Energy Star dishwashers save even more water and energy.
#4 If your dishwasher is new, cut back on rinsing. Newer models clean more thoroughly than older ones.
#5 Designate one glass for your drinking water each day, or refill a water bottle. This will cut down on the number of glasses to wash.
#6 Soak pots and pans instead of letting the water run while you scrape them clean.
#7 Use the garbage disposal sparingly. Instead, compost vegetable food waste and save gallons every time.
#8 Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
#9 Don’t use running water to thaw food. For water efficiency and food safety, defrost food in the refrigerator.
#10 Install an instant water heater near your kitchen sink so you don’t have to run the water while it heats up. This also reduces energy costs.
#11 Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the refrigerator instead of running the tap. This way, every drop goes down you and not the drain.
#12 Reuse leftover water from cooked or steamed foods to start a nutritious soup, it’s one more way to get eight glasses of water a day.
#13 Cook food in as little water as possible. This also helps it retain more nutrients.
#14 Select the proper pan size for cooking. Large pans may require more cooking water than necessary.
#15 If you accidentally drop ice cubes, don’t throw them in the sink. Drop them in a house plant instead.
#16 Collect the water you use while rinsing fruit and vegetables. Use it to water house plants.
#17 When shopping for a new dishwasher, use the Consortium for Energy Efficiency website to compare water use between models.
Popular Mechanics August 1965 issue recommended taping small blocks of Styrofoam to eyeglasses’ bows, or legs, while fishing or boating. If the glasses go overboard, they’ll float.
One bad DIY idea – Rattraps Murder Turtles
“Spring-type rattraps are an effective means of disposing of turtles which menace game fish in a pond or lake.” An illustration shows a turtle about to bite a chicken head in a trap mounted to a post set in shallow water. Sorry, turtles. Our apologies to the chickens too— June 1948
“Spring-type rattraps are an effective means of disposing of turtles which menace game fish in a pond or lake.” An illustration shows a turtle about to bite a chicken head in a trap mounted to a post set in shallow water. Sorry, turtles. Our apologies to the chickens too.
Ant Projects plumbing Centurion and handyman Centurion services. Fixing old leaking galvanized pipes
If you’re buying an old house, beware of old water pipes; specifically, galvanized steel. These pipes build up with sediment on the inside, making the inside diameter of the pipe smaller and smaller over time, eventually to the point where water flow is unusable. These pipes also corrode at the joints, which can lead to leaks. Ant Projects can help you with all your plumbing in Centurion. We usually reroute around the leaking pipes with new Copper piping which is much easier to fix and replace if needed
Before we look at how to lay self-levelling cement… What is a self-levelling floor finish ? A self-levelling cement screed is a quick setting concrete compound that is designed to level imperfect floors. You would use a self-levelling floor screed to finish off a concrete floor or screed floor as a base for tiling, vinyl or laminate floors.
How to lay a self-leveling floor
The product sets very quickly and you need to use any mix product immediately.
On a large surface area, have someone mix the next bucket of self-leveling compound so that this can be applied immediately while the first edge is still workable.
Buy sufficient product to cover the area, taking into consideration the a floor is very poor condition will require a thicker layer to level it out.
Ant projects is now NHBRC registered. Being A registered builder at the Nhbrc means that all the work that antprojects does can be submitted to the council and therefore be insured by them for a period of 5 years. This is a good thing for our clients because they have the peace of mind to know that there contractor/ handyman / plumber / electrician is registered with the NHBRC.
The council ‘s job is to make sure us contractors work according to the national building standards. Keeping us on our toes. Making building and contracting safer for the consumer